We provide professionals with customized investment strategies that enhance and protect their financial worth, giving them peace of mind.
Our strategies are designed to mitigate risk and long term tax implications; For example:
• Fund a personal pension plan, which allows more money to be saved for retirement than an RRSP
• Grow investment funds within an insurance policy tax deferred or potentially tax exempt.
• Shelter assets from potential seizure by creditors.
It is important to plan for your retirement because you want to ensure that you have the resources necessary to achieve a retirement lifestyle you are happy with.
The sooner you start, the easier it becomes to achieve your goal. Our strategies will allow:
• More money to be saved for retirement than in an RRSP
• Funds to grow within an insurance policy tax deferred or potentially tax exempt.
• Access to guaranteed and tax efficient income streams at or during retirement
Estate planning aims to minimize the income tax consequences of preserving and transferring business assets to your beneficiaries. Some examples are:
• Growing excess cash flow tax free inside an insurance policy, having the death benefits paid out tax free to the beneficiaries.
• Insuring key people in the company to alleviate lenders’ concerns about the company’s financial health and reassure customers, employees and investors that the business will continue operating in their absence.
• Creating a well structured will to ensure that the business ends up in the right hands and that the transition is smooth and tax implications are minimal.
Leveraging strategies are designed to provide Professionals with both protection and easy access to funds for alternative investment purposes.
• Provide collateral for a business loan
• Covers anticipated business losses if a key employee or an owner-manager dies or retires
• Funds retirement income for an active shareholder
• Accumulates tax-deferred funds to buy out a retiring partner or shareholder’s interest
We offer several unique strategies that allow Professionals to utilize excess funds within their company in a tax efficient way, while mitigating potential risks such as critical illness and / or death of the owner and key employees in the company.
These plans provide the company with funds that can be used to:
• Hire qualified replacement personnel; limiting potential financial losses.
• Buy out the shares of an ill, retired or deceased owner; ensuring the continuity of the business.
They also benefit the owner or key employee due to the ability to:
• Cover medical expenses, when relevant
• Receive up to 100% of the paid premiums – tax free – at the end of the saving period (as long as they remain in good health)
• Have invested funds grow tax free within the plan, creating an asset that can be used as collateral for a loan.
The purpose of Transition Planning is to ensure that you are well prepared for events such as retirement, disability or death; either yours or of a key person in your company.
Utilizing such strategies will:
• Significantly reduce your stress by being prepared and proactive
• Provide you the necessary funds to replace a person that is unable to proceed to allow the continuity of the business.
• Enhance your strategic position and increase your options for getting full value when selling your company
In order to figure out where you currently are on both the personal and business fronts, find out where you would like to go and create a plan to get you there; we would need to conduct a Financial and Business Needs Analysis.
As a part of this process, we will ask you to provide us with some information and once we reviewed it; we will be able to provide you with our recommendations.
Our second opinion service is independent and objective.
We examine the investments and insurance coverage that you currently have in place to determine whether these are suited to your current circumstances and risk tolerance, and how they fit with your overall financial plan.
We share our findings and recommendations with you once we are done with our analysis, without any obligation from your part.
Making one-time decisions about investment mix and insurance coverage are not enough in our opinion. Life changes over time and those changes should be reflected in your portfolio makeup on an on going basis.
We look at your complete financial picture from a holistic point of view rather than as isolated pieces in a specific moment in time.
We monitor our clients’ investment and insurance structure to ensure that their portfolio is reflecting their current needs and goals and make any necessary changes, if needed, so that they have the peace of mind to concentrate on the things that are most important to them.
No testimonials found